Suze's Quest For a Job In Telly

One girl's quest to land her dream job in telly. It may take a while but enjoy the journey with me!! Suze x

Monday, September 11, 2006

TV 7 - Pt 1

Today I submitted an idea to TV 7, a brand new TV company. Very exciting!! I've even pitched an idea already. Here's my pitch:


Hi Mark,

I have a great idea for a cartoon for kids that I think you'll be interested in. It's called "The Adventures of Grape the Cat" and is about a cat called Grape (he's purple) and his friends Spot the Dog (because his frames are always covered in squiggles so you have to 'spot' him, get it?) and Sugar the Mouse. The cartoon is about their adventures promoting good food for kids (it started out as a pitch I made for an educational programme) and battling their nemesis - the evil witch Cod Liver Oil who is a large bottle of cod liver oil (which ALL kids hate) and who flies around on a large spoon rather than a broomstick. I'm attaching pictures of the characters.

The main theme of the series is that our three heroes try to persuade kids to eat and drink healthily. Even though one of the characters is called Sugar that's because a little sugar isn't bad and Sugar the Mouse is quite small. Unfortunately for Sugar she tends to dissolve anytime there's rain or when Cod Liver Oil covers her in oil so she ends up as a puddle sometimes. It's a bit like "South Park" and Kenny as in almost every episode Grape or Spot says "Oh my goodness, you dissolved Sugar!!" but Sugar always comes back again.

So, what do you think Mark? I think this one's a goer for sure. Where do we go from here? How soon can I get an office in the programme department? (I'd like a south facing one so I get lots of sunshine.) I'll give you a cut of the merchandising as well as a production fee.

I await your response with great excitement.

Best regards.

Yours sincerely,

Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home