Suze's Quest For a Job In Telly

One girl's quest to land her dream job in telly. It may take a while but enjoy the journey with me!! Suze x

Monday, August 28, 2006

Viva Zarzosa!! Pt 1

I saw this ad today and think I'm made for the job.......

Vacancy: Publicity Coordinator
Employer: VivaZarzosa Productions
Location: London
Duration: Part time basis, starts as soon as possible
Payment is on a lo/no/deferred basis.

We are looking for a publicity coordinator to work on an upcoming documentary production. The position is unpaid (expenses only), and would suit a recent graduate or someone who would like to build up their portfolio and make contacts within their field and the film/tv industry. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated person to get involved in a production that will go out on television as well as being shown at many international film festivals.

It is essential for this job to have excellent writing skills, initiative, and creativity. You should be able come up with possible publicity campaigns to raise awareness for the film and get journalists interested in covering the project. You will also need to prepare press releases and coordinate material to be included in our EPK. Starting asap.

This is a perfect opportunity to build contacts, have your work published and build up your profile. There may also be a potential for future business with our production company.

We are a small independent film/tv production company based in London. This project will build on the success of our previous film (www.theintimacyofstrangers.com), which has won a number of awards at international film festivals and is about to have a 7-day theatrical release in LA.

If you are interested, please send your CV to: Samantha

Here's my application. Wish me luck!!

Suze x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola Samantha!

Permita que se introduzca. Mi nombre es Susan Bennett y estoy buscando actualmente un cierto trabajo en película y la producción de la TV

I wish to apply for your publicity coordinator job which seems like a great opportunity for a newcomer to the industry. Imagine being a work experience but still being in charge of publicity for a big company? This is quite a break. I hope I'll be able to do a good job for you.

I'm probably a good candidate for you because in addition to my Media Studies Diploma I also have a diploma in Marketing. My boyfriend (he's a copyrighter whose dream is to write a tag line as memorable as "go to work on an egg") works in marketing too and we're always talking about the things we're working on so you'd have no shortage of ideas. The last thing I helped him with was a project to encourage kids to eat healthily and eat some fruit every day so I suggested that he create a character called Grape the Cat (he's purple) to appear in supermarkets and at schools to encourage kids to eat fruit every day. Not just grapes but other fruit too. I do hope it'll take off!

So what's your upcoming film about? I've already done some research on your film company and noticed that Eva has made a lot of films about lesbianism. Is this what your next one is about? This could be a very tough sell but if "Go Fish" and "High Art" could get an audience then all we have to do is come up with a campaign for you. I saw that "The Intimacy of Strangers" is centred around mobile phone conversations. Wouldn't it be fun to take the mickey (no pun intended) out of the Orange ads? Tell me some more about your projects and I'll come up with some more ideas for you.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you as I'd like to know more about this so I can tell you some of my ideas.

Veni Vidi Viva Zapata!

Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home