Suze's Quest For a Job In Telly

One girl's quest to land her dream job in telly. It may take a while but enjoy the journey with me!! Suze x

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Sixth Sense - Pt 1

No, it's not the movie I'm talking about. I saw this ad which seems right up my street. (Well, the M1 and the M6 but I have a friend there I can stay with so it's only a white lie really.)

Vacancy: Work Experience / Runner
Employer: Sixth Sense Film & Television
Location: Walsall, Birmingham
Duration: 2 days, starts 6th Septemeber 2006

Work experience / runner required on an expenses only basis for a 2 day shoot (6th and 7th Septemeber) on a children's documentary in Streetly and Walsall, West Midlands.
Applicants must be based locally (in the Birmingham area) and be able to get to Streetly / Walsall under their own steam. Driving licence and own car an advantage.

If you are interested please reply to info@6sense.co.uk, include a current CV and answer the following questions:

1. What do you hope to get out of the day?
2. What will you be able to offer?
3. What are the three most important duties of a runner?

Web: http://www.6sense.co.uk

Apply to: Tim Duck
Email: jobs@6sense.co.uk

----------------------------------------------------

Hi Tim,

I saw your ad for a runner in the Birmingham area. I'd be very interested in this job and I think my answers will convince you that I'm the one for you!

1. What do you hope to get out of the day?

Experience, experience, experience. Because I'm still new to all this I really do think that I can't get enough. I want to see as much production from as many different angles as possible. I want to meet new people and learn at least one great tip to make me better at my job.

2. What will you be able to offer?

Enthusiasm, hard work, a permanent smile, great tea or coffee (I can remember up to twenty or thirty orders) and a knockout sense of humour - quack quack! ... Sorry, I won't say that again. ;-)

3. What are the three most important duties of a runner?

To do the job.
To do it quickly.
To do it with a smile. (Runners should be seen but not heard.)

I live in the Birmingham area and I although I don't have a car I can borrow my boyfriend's for the job. I have a full licence and know the area quite well so if I'm sent on errands I won't get lost.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home