Suze's Quest For a Job In Telly

One girl's quest to land her dream job in telly. It may take a while but enjoy the journey with me!! Suze x

Monday, July 31, 2006

Creative Applications - Pt 2

Dear Susan:

None of us are currently making any money from this venture; it is our belief in the possibilities that the future holds for our company that keeps us going. The position is unpaid, but the possibility of paid work in the future is likely if you come on board with the same belief that drives us.

Please let me know if you are still interested.

Kind Regards,

Bernardo Jarrin


---------------------------------------------------

Am I interested? Am I????????

Suze x

---------------------------------------------------

Dear Bernardo,

Thanks for your swift reply and apologies for taking a while to reply myself. I've been transcribing interviews all morning and I didn't want to get caught sneaking onto email when I was supposed to be working. Very difficult too as the man was a drug dealer from Liverpool and if you can imagine what Mrs. Wayne Rooney's chauffeur sounds like when he's waiting for her outside Cricket during one of her shopping sprees you know how hard it is to understand them.

Sorry, I'm babbling but I'm very excited by this opportunity as it sounds like you're breaking new ground and it'd be cool to be one of the first people in a fresh and innovative company. It is a pity that you can't pay much but I spoke to my boyfriend (he's a legal clerk) and he said that if it's a new company it might be worth asking for equity (which I thought was for actors) in the company instead of payment. He said that somebody called Cringey was offfered this in Apple years ago but took the money instead and so missed out on becoming a squillionaire. Something like that would be good, especially as I think I can bring a lot to the company (I have lots of ideas) that would make for better telly than a lot of the boring stuff that's on now (Love Island? Snore Island more like LOL!) and it would be great to be able to make them in a young and imaginative company.

I'm sorry, I'd love to write some more and send you an updated CV (I've been reading lots of CV tips on productionbase that I want to pinch so that I can have a killer CV myself) but I have to get baack to work.

I can't wait to hear back from you,

Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home