Suze's Quest For a Job In Telly

One girl's quest to land her dream job in telly. It may take a while but enjoy the journey with me!! Suze x

Friday, July 28, 2006

Creative Applications - Pt 1

An interesting ad:

Vacancy: Part-Time Office Administrator
Employer: Creative Applications
Location: London
Duration: Ongoing, starts Immediately

Dear all,

We are a small start up production company in search of a part-time office administrator. We have just recently established ourselves in the creative hub that is Soho, London, and acquired an eclectic and distinctive mix of international award winning directors for representation. We are still in the early stages of development, and need someone who is willing to assist us in all the tasks that are necessary for a healthy business infrastructure.

The candidate must have good computer skills. Knowledge of Access and Excel is essential for data entry and book keeping purposes. The candidate must also have excellent research skills for company profiling and marketing purposes. Other tasks include filing and diary scheduling. The candidate must be highly organised and able to work independently.

The position is on a two days per week basis. It is unpaid, but the candidate will gain valuable experience in the film and advertising industry by working alongside individuals who are passionate about what they do. The opportunity for paid work in the future is possible based on the candidate's commitment to our company.

If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please email me at b_jarrin@hotmail.com.

Apply to: Bernardo Jarrin

I think I shall............

Suze x

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I am very interested in your advertisement but I'm a bit worried that it's an unpaid position. I left college a year ago with a big student debt and London is a very expensive city to live in. Some people I've worked with have told me that I shouldn't take on jobs like this (even if they are a good way to make loads of contacts) because I should be paid the minimum wage for it and that it's against the law to do this.

Is this true because I would be very interested in the job but not if it means I won't get much money and also wouldn't be able to do other jobs at the same time. (Well, apart from my waiting tables job LOL!) Could you let me know a little more about it please?

Thank you,

Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home